Updates and Fixes

2719 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2016-10-19 02:15:38

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim
    2016-10-14 02:19:42

I wish fixes where free

With the amount of money paid to update 908Pro the fixes should be free

Just did 2015 Subaru Legacy brake maintenance mode operation and cant get out of mode, but I got there

Autel just put out a update for  Subaru  and it solely fixes this problem with a mandatory relearn process

In my trade if you don't do it right the first time, you do it free the second time

Its call warranty

This mishap cost 100 at dealer to reset, no other shops could help

Autel jokingly months ago through out the idea to lower maxisys update costs,

no cost or sub option changes ever came of it, don't know why they brought it up

I understand it costs money to develop, but would be a kind gesture on their part for free fixes

for older already paid for software

I ran out of sub in august and at that price tax in1500CND/1000US no exchange or tax in yet for one year

its hard to find the money since exchange rate kills me at 320$++

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2016-10-14 18:58:03 (Reply to:Jim)

yes Jim, the fixes are free but only as long as your under an update period, once that expires so does the fixes. we have to be so careful of what we update and when and always keep backups of everything, and do not update if you have 1 month left or less just in case. one other thing we have to be really careful about is when doing updates to this units, specially 908p and elite, we must have the power cord connected at all times with a good internet connection, if you happen to run out of battery while updating say good bye to your tablet, it happened to me. I recently bought 2 908p and 1 elite for friends of mine and did all the registrations, updates etc , they were so afraid to mess with it because of stuff they read here which happens to be very true. I have owned autel tools for the longest and my opinion is so bias lately  that I have no opinion anymore, sometimes is the best and sometimes is not. in all fairness to autel I have to say they have improved immensely lately on a few vehicles and also added a few others and although I don't work on them I admit is nice to have them and know is there. the price of the update is not bad at all for those that work on bmw,benz,vw,audi, etc, I think its a bargain in fact, knowing how much their software/hardware and online programming cost. autel 908p and elite are the easiest and fastest  tool to work with I ever owned, and I owned lots of them. my 2 cents worth, sorry if I bored anyone.

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim
    2016-10-19 02:15:38 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

the software that I received during my period was defective and cost me money

subscription fee are paid for future software, initial purchase of hardware/software funds development 

and deploy to market

When I mean free fixes I mean basic functions like oil  resets ,electo park brake in particular cost me money

have seen a world of change to this scanner in three years

I am not asking for the world just what I paid for and never got

autel knows who has what and when

last release Chrysler update with fixes to 1993? or 2003  and 2011 and only fixes

Total1 Pages